Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below...

Get This SpiceUpBlogging

Thursday 3 January 2013

Make a Vacuum Former

Vacuum-formed plastic is everywhere, from take-out coffee lids and blister packaging to airplane interior panels. I use vacuum forming to make toy prototypes in my own shop. I usually use a professional machine, but in a pinch I’ve used this ultra-cheap, homebrew rig with great results. You just need to build a simple wooden frame and a hollow box, and then your oven melts the plastic and a household vacuum cleaner supplies the suction. I’ll show you how to build the device and then use it to create a tiki mask that also makes a great Jell-O mold.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Make4rFun - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger